Monday, August 12, 2013

2 Weeks Done!

Well hello there!!
 



ok so T told me it would be ok if I didn't write everyone personally emails. Even though I've already done that I'm still going to send a large email. Gosh it's hard to get this straight but ya'll will hear enough from the journal entries. I just want to make sure that I answer all the questions and such! bah! lol Mom Thanks for sharing all the updates and doing all the forwarding and putting things on my blog. :) you da best! Oh and I loved the story about you running the water all night! haha..i mean...poor fish. But at least the pond is clean now!

Like i've said before... People here are awesome! I'm ready to go find more and new people to teach. We've had a few dinner appointments. This week we have one almost every night. They haven't been too bad but i'm sure those ones will come. yes it can be awkward at times because I feel like i say the same thing at every place. lol but I guess they're all different people and want to get to know us.
I'm so excited for the boys' superhero party tonight! Yesterday one of the Elders told us that they came up with our superheros from DC, Marvel and X-men for everyone in our district. haha it was so funny. I'm Batwoman, Wasp and grey something from X-men. I can't remember. I love all ya'll and love hearing from you!
 
This past week has been great! Met a lot of people and had my first exchange. I went to a town called Schrewsbury and it was such a fun place. It's like the town of creep cemeteries though. Seriously, they are everywhere!! I wish i could take a pic of everyone but that'll probably just take up all my memory. There's a lot in Ephrata too but more in Schrewsbury. Oh and I don't know if I've mentioned this yet...there are a billion and a half corn fields!! like crazy everywhere. It's bizarre. Oh and another thing I want to mention is last saturday we got to do some service for a recent convert and her sister is a investigator. We mowed their HUGE lawn. Well Sis Kirk did-it was her first time using a push mower. It was automatic but she left so many little mohawks everywhere it was great. I got to do the edging. It was extremely HOT! bleh. I was so sweaty it was insane. So glad we were able to take a dinner break and clean up afterwards. It was some great fun though.


You'll be getting the journal entries this week sometime and hear more about everything going on too. We've had a couple rough lessons with people that have been taught the lessons for a while already but it gives me practice and helps me learn how to better rely on the spirit. I love this work and everything! I love being able to have so much time to study. Yesterday in church there were multiple lessons taught about talents and that we should continually be developing and improving our talents. That's something I need and want to keep in mind. Reading over my patriarchal blessing I realize how many talents the Lord has given me. They're amazing talents that I never thought I could have but I know right now is a great time for me to be able to strengthen those and even develop them because they will so greatly help me in my future! I can't believe how much the Lord has helped me understand the scriptures. I feel that this is the most I've ever learned from them from reading on my own. I am able to focus and really get into them. There's so much to learn! bah it's crazy but I love it. :) "...For in his strength I can do ALL things."  We're going bowling for P-day with the Elders! Who knew? I didn't know. ha I'm excited though :)

Thanks for all ya'll do for me and the prayers that are sent. I love reading about everyone being a member missionary! Then I don't feel so alone in this work. It's so cool to think how much is being done ALL over the world. I especially love thinking about how well Elder Berry is doing over there in Cali! He's such a stud and I love hearing how he's growing so much!
 
love, Sister Berry
p.s. I love receiving emails but please write me a letter too if you can. I would love to get those! :D and spread the news.  again my address is 851 Clearview Ave. #334 Ephrata, PA 17522. They would rather have us give people that address then the office doesn't have to forward them and such.

p.p.s. I know this is super far away but, my trainer told me the other day that if Landon and I schedule a time we can both be on Skype or google chat at the same time :) So then we can all chat. And I can also call Bree and T on google chat too. anywho, just wanted to let you know in advance because I know that we've heard multiple things about that.







No comments:

Post a Comment