Monday, August 5, 2013

Email from Mom to Sister Tiffany Berry

Dear Sister Berry!

Hello sweet girl!  We are so excited to hear how you are doing in your new area of the world!  I have been looking online to see if your mission has any blogs that are kept up by your mission president's office or wife or anything and can't find one....

How did everything go with your airline flight?  or new companion?  meeting your new Mission President?  how is your new area? lots of fun questions!  woohoo!  :)

We are looking forward to hearing from you and finding out how things are going!  I've got your skirts all done and will be sending them out Monday after hearing from you.  I thought I'd leave the box open in case you needed anything now that you're in PA. It looks like you are getting a lot of rain, so I wondered about an umbrella....

Things here have been pretty quiet.  I got your skirts done.  Natalie and Aaron got married this week.  Yeah!  finally!  We went and got Tami's pedicure at the Enumclaw Day Spa...(from the gift certificate you guys gave her at Christmas time).  Tami loved it and her toe nails looks very festive.

I'm starting Breanna's baby quilt!  It should be kind of fun.  She's very much getting excited for the baby to come.  They still haven't decided what her name will be, it sounds like Rudyard has a fun and different name, but they just aren't sure, so they'll let us know when she's here I guess....:)

I taught a lesson today in Relief Society on Hastening the Work of Salvation.  My main focus was on the importance of having the member's more involved in the work.  We are not separate from the missionaries, we are all part of the same work and must work together in helping each other bring all to Christ.  I used the Church's website and showed some videos.  I loved those videos!!  I think the sisters really caught the vision that we all need to step up and open our mouths so that the Lord can work through us.  I even suggested that we should know how to use the Social Media to help spread the spirit of the Gospel.  A lady was able to talk to me about how her blog has brought others to the knowledge of the church and has had people email questions to her because of her comments on the church.  Isn't that wonderful!?!

I pray for you always!  You have such a wonderful heart and love of people.  Let them feel of your love for them, the rest will come.  Pray for guidance to those who have been prepared for the gospel, for those who need the gospel in their lives.  I pray you will be confident in who you are!  You are amazingly awesome!!!!!  The Lord will not let us fail, as we continue to do our best.  I know I'm going to try harder to open my mouth and spead the Gospel.  I think we need to ask those that we visit teach or that we know are not active and invite them to come back.  Perhaps to challenge them to read some scriptures or to pray.  I want to be part of the "Hastening"

I'm going to send you a thumb drive to put your pictures on.  Then you can send that one home and I'll send it back after loading onto another one here at the house.  Hopefully your pictures will be more safe on the thumb drive when transferring back and forth to home.  I'm really missing seeing some pictures from Landon....hopefully he and I will get that figured out soon.

I love you and can see you in my mind each day, studying, teaching and smiling and loving those you are with!  Let us know if there is anythiing we can do for you!  We love you.  God bless you as you continue to Spread Your Sunshine!

With much love and gratitude for you,  mom

No comments:

Post a Comment