Monday, August 5, 2013

Email from Sister Tiffany Berry - same day as entry below....

mama!!!
That's really weird that you haven't heard about the blog or anything because when we got here they told us there is a blog and then we were able to write our family real quick to let them know how we were and such...that was last MOnday. So that's super weird you haven't gotten that. It has the blog website on it and such. SO they do have one anywho... oh p.s. I was also told that on the day of transfers you can call to the mission office and ask what my new address will be..if you ever want to do that, you can. And i'm so sorry that I haven't been able to send you my new address...I was trying to get out a card last Tues but we were crazy busy. Sounds like things in WA are agoing well! I can only imagine the quiteness in the house since all the kids are out. You'r lucky though that T and Nate are still close :) so you're not totally lonely. Plus you have Tami :) THat's so fun you finally did your nails! Super jealous! oooh i'm so happy for Aaron and Natalie! I'm so excited for them. how fun. Give them my congrats to them if you ever see them. I love hearing about the lessons about missionary work going on-T was telling me she had the same one. It's so nice to hear that I'm not alone out here doing missionary work! But it's going on EVERYWHERE! constantly! :D it makes me feel better. SOunds like you were able to really bring the spirit in and I'm so glad that the other Sisters were able to feel it as well. It really is important for the members to help out in the missionary efforts. It makes me feel bad for n ot being better about that when I was in High School and such...WHich reminds me! I felt a strong impressions to somehow contact Amanda Kelly-from High school. I dunno how but maybe i'll email you something and then you can post it on her facebook or soething sometime for me. T could maybe even help yo uout with that. i dunno..but I want to keep in contact her while I'm out here. It'd be kinda cool I think if I could. anywho, thanks mom for being a part of the "hastening" becaue then me and Landon aren't doning it alone! You get to do it with us too! as well as dad of course! well and everyone in the world really :)  I love the thumb drive idea...cuz I'm kinda worried about my pictures dissappearing somehow but a thumb drive would be awesome and more safew I think. I hope and pray that you will be able to get Landon's pix! ah. i feel so bad! I hope it wasn't too upset about it...that's the pits. big time. you should ask Best Buy or something to see if they could. there's got to be a way! THere's always a way! haha I was going to email you stuff to send in a mass email but maybe i'll just make you part of the mass email. atleast what I have. I dunno how to organize all this mass or personal email stuff.
 
Oh goodness is there a lot to share! and so much of it was in the little letter that you were supposed to get from Pres and Sis Topham. ALso, A LOT is in my journal entries that I just sent out today. haha there's so much so sorry about that. but a lot has happened too. And just know they're long cuz in each day this past week has been crazy. Once the more "normal" missionary days take place I don't think they'll be as long. hopefully. Or i just need to get better at writing less. tehe we (SIs Kirk-my trainer/companion) have only been here in Ephrata (F-ruh-duh) for a total of 3 full days. It is in the most eastern part of the mission that we can go. ha Sis Kirk had a meeting in Pittsburgh (which is 4-5 hrs away) so we left to go back there basically the day after we just got here from Pitt. THen came back late friday night. got home around 12:40 am. oops...not our fault though just for the record.

So, in short...the plane ride was...unlike any other that's for sure. I actually have never had to even use the bathroom in planes before. ANd not only this time did I have to use it to go to the bathroom... I was throwing up. woof. not the funnest feeling thing in my life. It was SO weird though! Gosh i don't even know how to explain it. One of the ELders explained it as Satan being on our flight. I truly believe it. Some weird things happened and he DID NOT want us in PA.I think it was some weird anxiety thing..like when we were hunting sometimes-dad would know. But this time I actually threw up. lovely right?  Anywho, I only threw up twice and then felt nauseated for the rest of the time until we got into Pittsburgh. Then I just felt hungry. The last flight the Elder that said Satan was on our flight sat next to me...he is super funny! And boy was it a blessing to sit next to him cuz we just laughed most of the time. it was quiet hilarious and I was able to not feel so nasty..most of the time. haha just thinking about it makes me laugh. We finally met Pres and SIster Topham-they even let us nap at the mission home! it was SO nice! but lets just say i looked-nasty for the rest of the day :) lol

On Tues-the day of transfers the most excitement was getting an area and comp! But something even cooler happened before then. I saw Elder Palmer!! (Justin Palmer) oh gosh was it awesome to see him. He is just so awesome! he seemed super excited to see me too so that was fun. Then after many meetings and other stuff I was finally able to find out where I would be going and with who.

Anywho, so for better updates...things are going great!! It's been a crazy and weird first week. When all 30ish (the number always seems to be changing) came in, they opened 10 new areas, and some other stuff. I'll have to send you the email Pres sent us with all the new crazy stuff happening. it's so awesome! So I went into one of the new areas! Yipee! There's Elders already there but they split it and now Sisters are there! (us) And boy do they LOVE it! haha basically testimony meeting was about us. ha ok just kidding but we sure felt the love from them. The Elders are totally jealous. We also got a new 2014 car and a new phone. aren't we just lucky! My comp is Sister Kirk-she is the SIster training Leader (which is a newer calling because of all the sisters that are out) So she's been a little overwhelmed with a new calling, new missionary and new area to open. We have not too much of an idea of what's going on so it's hard to figure it all out. I'm trying hard not to tell too much of the same things as my journals will....The people here are so kind and loving. The ward has helped us out so much with groceries and such. We went shopping for only a few things last wed when we got in and now our cupboards are filled and I think i need to buy like one thing-milk or something. They just love the sister missionaries! haha it's so great. ok this email is getting too long already. sorry! my brain is all over the place right now! ahh!! I don't even know all what i've shared just know that it'll be in my journal entries. most of it at least. I think I've shared most of the important stuff though. so my address here is: It'll be this for possibly 12 weeks for training and such. we'll see. I'd love to get letters! or packages if you so desire. :)
 
851 Clearview Ave #334
Ephrata, PA 17522
 
I love you all! Thanks for everyones example and prayers. I need them! The work is going forth and the Lord loves each of us and wants to help us help others come unto Christ. So reach out to Him-He is there! Be an instrument in the Lord's hands as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment