Thursday, August 22, 2013

My favorite people!! :D

Time really is a weird thing out here on the mission. It doesn't even make sense sometimes! haha Elder Berry has even mentioned it too and it seriously is so weird. I feel like I've been in this area forever, yet I still don't know a lot of people in the ward. I hit my official 1 month mark a couple days ago. It's crazy that' it's been a month. But I'm trying not to keep track because it makes me feel weird to think about it too much. ha
 
I love hearing from home and seeing the pictures! Sounds like everyone is having so much fun and that the jeep trip and shooting was super fun! I'm so proud of T and her finally driving the jeep all by her big self :) tehe And yes T I totally understand what you were talking about your arms getting sore. My whole body gets so tight when I drive that beast around. Taryn and all the kids are getting so big. They're just all so darn cute I want to squeeze them! HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUDD!!! :D I also want to wish Nate a HAPPY HAPPY BIRFDAY!!! :D the big ol 30! woof :) hehe I know it's a bit early but since I won't be emailing you on Saturday. T you keep being brave my little big sista! I'm so proud of you for opening your mouth more! that's the best. I love it. Everyone seems to be doing so good at sharing the gospel to people-it's awesome!
 
All I know is that I thought I would be outside WAY more than I am. I feel like we're inside a lot-planning, meetings, studying, etc. Ya know the good stuff. We're still trying to get things figured out and to straighten things out too with our area and the less actives and former investigators, etc in the ward. There seems to be SO many people. But it keeps us busy. This last week seemed to slow and we didn't have too many lessons-which sounds weird from what I just said right? ya sometimes I don't understand how that happens either. I had my second exchange this week and I just fell in love with the Sister I was with. We instantly became great friends. We laughed too much-well it was just right for me but it might be too much for some people. She was just hilarious. You'll hear more about it in my journals. I told her I'm going to hook her up with my brother. haha She's 19 so it'll work out great. anywho, we had a great time. In one of the lessons we taught about priesthood blessings and I shared the story about Landon giving me a priesthood blessing while we were at school and what a wonderful experience that was for the both of us. I even started to cry-bah! my first time doing that-sheesh. silly but it was good :) I met a couple of cool people while I was in Elizabeth town and wish that I didn't have to leave but alas. Maybe I'll get to go there sometime. who knows. It was pouring rain that morning and we went outside and ran around a bit. It cleared up and was pretty humid and then later in the day almost the instant we walked outside the car it started dumping again. hard core! It was insane! I'll send a pic-it was fun though. There's seriously so much that goes on in a week and I can't remember even half of it. So i'm glad I'm sending you my journal entries.

One I do remember: Here in Ephrata though-the few lessons we have had have been awesome! One of the days these past week every house that we went too-not planned appts-someone opened the door (except for one), AND even let us in :) It was great! Someone that we've been trying so hard to get in contact with (Nat) we finally met her! She lives in a town that's not even really a town called Fivepointville. It's basically a small town intersection with 5 intersections. Everyone around it has doesn't even have Fivepointville addresses. It's weird. So it's been hard to find her address and such. But we got it and it was awesome! Her daughters are the most adorable things ever! Her 3 yr old sat next to Sis Kirk and just fell in love with her. She even said to her "Will you sleep in my bed with me tonight?" haha it was hilarious! Nat said she asks people that all the time. She kept scooting really close to Sis. K-it was adorable. At one point she kinda snuggled up to her and said "You're comfortable." oh my goodness we both about died. It was the cutest! anywho, She's a former investigator and even had a baptismal date and interview but for something that can totally and easily be fixed she had to postpone the baptism. That kind of frustrated her and she just didn't want to do it anymore. (this was a few months ago)  In our visit we talked to her about the Holy GHost and just invited her to come to church. She easily said she would be unfortunately she wasn't able to make it because her daughter was up all night being sick :( Satan did not hesitate to work on her. dang it! But we're so excited to teach her and help her with her testimony and get her baptized! Hopefully within the next few weeks :) We think that she just needed Sister missionaries (Missionettes as I've heard it)-as anyone needs (hehe) and an invitation to church.
 
I only say that anyone needs the sister missionaries because our ward gives the Elders such a hard time. They get teased a lot about it but they're great and they do great work! Most people just like us better-it's fine. :) Speaking of Missionettes! Last week we had zone training and President Topham told us that by the end of the year we'll have 18 sisters and getting rid of 18 elders so that we will have 1/3 sister missionaries out here in the Pittsburgh mission! It's crazy! Just in our zone we had 8 Sisters-which is how many sisters were out in the WHOLE mission when my comp came out here. Isn't that nuts? Oh it's so cool to be a part of this! I love it! The Lord truly has a plan and He knows what he's doing and how to do it. I love this gospel and so grateful for it and the experiences I get to have out here! I love you all and are grateful for your examples, prayers and support! You are just fantastic!
 
With much love,
Sister Berry
p.s. I got my new 2013 scriptures!! I love them SO much! they're so cool and stuff.









No comments:

Post a Comment